Someone took a photo of my small town's Yellow Pages and put it on Flickr.
It is quite amusing that yes, this is both our white and yellow pages put together. Welcome to my small town. What can I say, we have less that 2900 people here, we don't need much.. or use much paper.
*
My apologies to the two readers who read this blog, for not being around here much lately. I've been doing my Artist Way morning pages (which is three pages of non-stop writing) every day and it pretty much wipes everything out of me and then I feel as if I have nothing to say. So I haven't. Say. Spoke. Nada voice. Nada words.
I'll try to post a little more about my Artist Way experience soon.
What I will say is I think my blog was kind of like my morning pages, except with less complaints and less filler. My morning pages are all filler (which I guess is what they are to be, to empty your brain).
The problem is, when I empty my brain like that on the page, I'm kind of done for the day. When I truly empty myself on the page, it should be a poem or an essay, these morning pages are more like someone's annoying baby sister singing Send in the Clowns over and over again. Truly, it's not anything I'd save or continue with, just garbage stuff... but I have 8 more weeks of it (Dog help me) and then we'll see if they continue (they won't), but I'll be open (I'm not really going to continue them, I'm just seeming as if open)...
*
What's on my nightstand--
The 10 Year Nap (fiction)
The Wishing Year (memoir)
Yes, both my library holds came in at once, so I have 3 weeks to get through these. I'm 1/2 through The Wishing Year and really like it. But you need to understand, I also loved both Under a Tuscan Sun and Bella Tuscany, two books a good friend described as "watching rich Italian paint dry."
*
Oh and if you read my blog and you've never dropped me a note or comment or a post, why not. It would be nice to have 3 readers, maybe four. I'm always dreaming big that way.
*
May your Wednesday treat you well. And may your candidate speak well and clearly tonight. And my you always have more love than stocks.
The Details: Poetry and Life in a Small Town-- Thoughts Before Revision
