Thursday, January 11, 2007

27 Things You May or May Not Know About Me....


1) I own and use a vintage beehive blender from the 50's. It's one of my favorite things and I paid $15 it.

2) I know how to twirl an American Military saber and have one engraved with my name on it.

3) We have not used our dishwasher since July and it's not broken.

4) If I were not a poet, mother, wife, daughter, or friend, I would spend all day watching HGTV.

5) When I was younger people would tell me that I looked like Kelly McGillis from Top Gun. Now no one tells me I look like anyone famous.

6) I believe in magic, miracles, and synchronicity.

7) Every January three friends come over to my house and we eat, drink wine, then spend the next 6 hours cutting out images from magazines and creating a yearly poster that represents what we want to do in the next year and where we want to go or be in our lives.

Looking back at the posters in the next year we sometimes find some odd and synchronistic similarities to our lives. For example, on my poster from last year I included a woman holding a rose and both of her eyes are covered.

8) I am a night owl. And when I do sleep, I wake up at 1:10 a.m. most nights. So on many nights, I chose to go to bed after 1:10.

9) There was a stranger reading the newspaper on the Tube in London in 1996 and I still remember his argyle socks.

10) Dave Matthews and I have the same birthday (January 9th) though we are one year apart (he's a year older). Poet Jeff Bahr and Richard Nixon also share the day with us.

11) I have a betta fish named Neruda on my desk and I talk to him.

12) Leonardo Likes Gulls is an anagram for my real name because I didn't like that people in my past could pull up my life on Google.

13) I have two blogs because I don't like to go to people's websites and see cobwebs. Book of Kells is the edited version of what I've said here.

14) If you were meet in the winter, most likely I'd be wearing suede books with faux fur on the inside.

15) I'm 5' 7" but my driver's license says I'm 5"8" because when I asked the gentleman to change my weight to 125 lbs. he said, "3 pounds doesn't matter." So I told him I was an inch taller (apparently in the world of males, it's all about inches.)

16) I don't weight 125.

17) If I could go three places right now I would go to Puerto Vallarta, Cuba, or Spain.

18) We have a friendly ghost in our house that opens our drawers.

19) Though I say I'm not romantic, sentimental, emotional, I'm as soft as butter.

20) I'd rather have fresh flowers than a Ming vase.

21) I still listen to Simon and Garfunkel, Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young, The Beatles, and Pearl Jam.

22) On my girl's softball team, my number was 8 and played second base.

23) I've broken my nose twice and never had it fixed. Oh and if you bring up broken noses to me, I'll make you feel the bump in my nose just to prove it.

24) I try my best to live honestly and to do the least amount of harm possible.

25) My least favorite foods are ice cream, potato chips, bread pudding, and cheesecake.

26) If I had my own theme song it would be Upside Down by Jack Johnson.

27) I believe we control more than we think we do.