Today I have the time to write and with that time comes the responsibility not to waste it. I learned a great word today: multislacking-- basically doing a lot of nothing at once. I have spent many a day multislacking, but today, I've already began writing, though I haven't hit that place of "flow," which is why I thought I'd check in here.
I don't know if other bloggers feel the blog is a nice way to "warm up" to writing. In sports, it's stretching before running five miles. In baking, it's putting all your ingredients on the counter. For me, it's that moment to see what I'm thinking about in words and letters. To release my inner-censor and just type (notice I didn't say "write," that comes once my fingers and brain are warm).
To me, a day of writing feels luxurious like drinking a good bottle of wine with some delicious French cheese. It feels like the expensive afghan my friend gave me and just to cuddle up in that on the couch Sunday morning feels as if I'm on vacation in a fine resort. Life's little luxuries, enjoy them when you can.