Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Reason Blogs Shouldn't Exist or Not Mealtime Reading--

My yoga teacher just called to tell me class is canceled because she has the flu-- me too! I know it's a bad flu when my yoga teacher has it. I have put a "Quarantine" sign on my household and am spraying the family down with Lysol. I open windows. I change the sheets. How long do the bad germs last? We have befriended them and let them live in our bodies, stirring things up, turning us into zombies that walk the night with aches in our sides.

I am not a good sick person. I complain and point out every ache, will go into detail about bodily functions, what I ate, what I didn't. I will make a fabulous old person some day, it's as if I've already become my great aunt L, how she could detail a bathroom episode or describe her sensitive stomach in such a way it would leave us without our appetites for weeks.

Anyway, our little town has been hit hard as has Seattle as I've heard. (Peter can you verify this--is it definitely flu season?)

What I've been reciting to my husband--

The Sick Rose


O Rose, thou art sick!
The invisible worm
That flies in the night,
In the howling storm,

Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy,
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy.

-- William Blake

May all your homes be healthy and well.