<--St. Lucia of SyracuseHow were your holidays?
We have Christmas spilled all over our living and a giant 4 foot inflatable T-Rex looks out our window towards the sea. Our Christmas tree is looking sad in the corner; it will be undressed today and returned to the natural world. We have a hallway displayed with Christmas cards from friends and family, a reminder of how many people in the world we care for and who mean so much to us. I will eventually take them down and the photo cards will move to the refrigerator to keep us company throughout the year.
I am still finishing my Christmas cards, which I'm now calling New Year's cards. I only received part of my order, so I made it to the H's in my address book. The I-Z's will be receiving theirs this week.
For Christmas my husband bought me a St. Lucia of Syracuse who is the patron saint of both writers and eye diseases. Given my blurry (and sometimes missing) December, I really can't imagine a more perfect and appropriate gift.
I also received many poetry books-- the full collections of Octavio Paz, Pablo Neruda, Czeslaw Milosz, and selected poems of Gabriela Mistral. I also received Will in the World: How Shakespeare Became Shakespeare, which I'm really excited to read.
Other than that, the world is coming back into focus for me as the New Year slides around the corner and into view.
Resolutions anyone? I'm interested. What resolutions are you making this year? I'll post mine in a separate post.
Cheers!