Good morning children of technology. I've been in my head a lot (maybe I've been brainwashed too comes to mind) and as I said, trying to reconnect with the world. I sent out my manuscripts this morning in a hopeful/nonhopeful way.
I had a bit of nervousness as I did as sometimes it feels as if I'm sending out part of my soul and asking strangers if they like how I've decorated my chakras. When we were at Goodwill there was a perfect new Virgin Mary costume. My mum said, "I cannot believe they have that. It's so inappropriate." My first thoughts, "Wouldn't it be funny to be a pregnant Virgin Mary?" (I even imagined a little pin that said “Oops, I did it again”).
My newest manuscript says "Jesus" a lot and not in a Mel Gibson's Passion sort of way. I sometimes worry that my humor will be seen as sacrilegious, but what I'm trying to do is wrap my head around something too big for me to understand, for anyone to understand, and then I get caught up in the "what will people say?" and the worries from rushing in.
But I guess ultimately, I will enter into the church of my life with my shoes on, but only in the best shoes. I know this goes against my poetry, as I do believe God or god, the universe, or spirit, some other divine power, energy, or whatever you want to call it moves through artists when we’re creating. There is a part of me that wants to think we’re not all connected, but I can see the threads during morning walks, in the spiderwebs, in the space between our books and poems. And it amazes me, it amazes how we create white space where there isn’t any.