A stranger emailed me today about my peace broadsides and it had me thinking about our world, how peace is the alternative, not the norm. Oh humans, evolving at the speed of light technologically, but evolving in other ways...not so much.
The fog rolled in today. After a week of baby blue skies and nights of the orange-wedge moon (did you see it? amazing), fall is wrapping me up in batting. Speaking of batting, my husband was at a fire last night in a mattress factory. Firefighters carried flaming mattresses and batting. The images he told me about were a bit surreal, wet batting, beds of flames, and then a shooting a few blocks away only an hour earlier. The city was busy last night, getting ready for Friday the 13th...actually, the fire was at 2 a.m., so I guess it was the 13th.
I've returned to my original title, but yes, I've revised my mss a bit. It's now at 65 pages. What happened? It seemed to grow overnight.
Well, it's time to write. A couple hours before the time is pulled out from under me and the domestic goddess wakes up and puts on her apron.